Keeping you safe in our care
Covid-19 Policy & Protocols
Caring for our guests and employees is always our priority. While we have consistently maintained high standards of hygiene in our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to Covid-19. These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from health authorities and are under ongoing review.
As Covid-19 continues to impact the global community, we would like to keep you informed about the procedures and protocols we have introduced at Boyne Valley Hotel. Based on guidance from local authorities and The World Health Organisation, we have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests, employees and suppliers.
**Please Note that due to Covid 19 Restriction our Pool, Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi are currently closed**
***We politely ask guests to wear a face covering on arrival to the hotel, and also when moving around the premises***
Please read on to see what we are doing and how we offer a safe environment for guests.
What measures have been implemented to protect your staff and guests?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team. We ask that our guests do the same and follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and Covid-19.
We know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
- Supply of hand sanitisers, , paper towels and disinfectant materials in all areas
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19.
- Responsible social distancing in all areas.
- Information in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Property linen washed on a higher temperature.
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- Extra staff to be rostered in public areas to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces.
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates.
- We have circulated health authority guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches.
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures.
- We’ve re-organised our restaurant and bar areas to give more space between people.
- Contactless cards are preferred at payment points.
What are you doing if a guest or staff member becomes unwell?
- Each team member has been fully briefed on how to approach guests that may be unwell or are self-isolating, and we remain in close daily contact with each team member to ensure they remain in good health. If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
- Should a guest present with any symptoms of or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room and contact local health authorities, who will provide further instructions and assist with medical needs. We ask any guest who is feeling unwell to telephone Front Desk and inform them.
- If a guest becomes unwell, we will liaise with them to get a list of their requirements e.g. groceries, medical needs, extra linen, etc. All items requested by the guests (throughout self-isolation) will be left outside the door for the guest to take, whilst wearing a mask.
How are you ensuring social distancing?
- We have introduced a ‘no-touch’ housekeeping service, where guests can request cleaning products and linen to be left at their door.
- This information has been developed based on health organisation and government guidelines and does not constitute legal advice and is purely for guidance.